Garmin Edge 1030 Cycling Computer
Garmin Edge 1030 Cycling Computer
Like to get out and explore new territory but not so big on the unexpected road blocks, detours and other irksome setbacks that quickly turn your ride from one of anticipated exploration to a route full of hassles that slow you down? The new Edge 1030 touchscreen cycling computer from Garmin is your live map to adventure, minus the cumbersome “red tape”; Now you can cover exciting new areas as best traversed by those who’ve cycled it before you! Sit back, enjoy the ride and concentrate on what matters, while you journey in confidence that the thrilling new path is a navigable one.
- Get the best routes for on-road and off-road cycling with the Trendline Popularity Routing feature that quickly scans through Garmin Connect data to give you access to the most optimal routes, as “pre-tested” by other cyclists.
- Get a more optimal view of your cycling computer with the low-profile mount that sits flush with your handlebars, rather than inconveniently above them.
- Take advantage of the preloaded maps that include turn-by-turn navigation—including sharp turn alerts that keep you safe and on-schedule.
- Ride more and charge up less with Edge 1030’s 20-plus hour battery life, with an optional extended battery pack that gives you an additional 24 hours.
- Don’t just receive your incoming messages and leave friends and family hanging in the interim—respond to your texts and calls with one quick tap, pre-written messages that communicate info such as you’ll “Be Home Soon.” Additionally, send pre-written notes to fellow riders so you can communicate on the fly without leaving your friends wondering whether you’ll catch up in a few or not.
- Likewise, keep loved ones informed of your whereabouts with LiveTrack and GroupTrack, so you can feel like you’re heading off the grid without driving your girlfriend mad with worry that you’ve been swallowed whole by a Grizzly.
- Illuminate your early morning and nighttime rides thanks to Edge 1030’s compatibility with Varia rearview radar and smart bike lights.
- The preloaded Strava Routes CIQ App mean starred Strava routes automatically sync to your Edge 1030, giving you immediate access to your fav routes. Plus, race your cycling friends virtually with Strava Live Segments.
- Participating in daily workouts via TrainingPeaks? They’ll sync right to Edge 1030 too, via the preloaded TrainingPeaks Connect IQ app.
- Speaking of Connect IQ, you’ll get free access to countless apps, widgets and data fields so you can tailor Edge 1030 to your specific needs and personal style.
- Nonreplaceable Li-ion Battery
- 2.3” x 4.5” x 0.8” (5.8 x 11.4 x 1.9 cm)
- 3.5” (9.1 cm)
- 4.3 oz (123 g)
What's In The Box:
- Edge 1030
- Extended out-front mount
- Standard mount
- Speed sensor (Bundle only)
- Cadence sensor (Bundle only)
- Premium Heart Rate Monitor (Bundle only)
- USB cable
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get weather alerts on Edge 1030?
Absolutely. Just download an app such as AccuWeather via Garmin Connect IQ.
What other Garmin tools is Edge 1030 compatible with?
Vector 3 power pedals, Varia Vision In-Sight Display, Garmin’s Index Smart Scale, Varia Bike Lights and Varia Radar.
How does the additional battery life work?
When you purchase the separate Garmin Charge Power Pack, you’ll have the ability to extend your ride by a bonus 24 hours (in addition to the already 20-plus hours Edge comes with)