Garmin fēnix 3 Sapphire Sports Watch
Sports GPS Watches
The Garmin fēnix 3 multisport training GPS watch is rugged, capable and smart. This new watch from Garmin is ready to track all your activities from indoor weight training to long runs where you can GPS track your route. Take your training to the next level with the help of the fēnix 3 multisport training GPS watch.
fēnix 3 watch is packed with training features to tell you about your form and fitness. The first is the VO2 max estimator. When used with a heart rate monitor, fēnix 3 crunches data, including your running speed, beats per minute and heart rate variability to estimate the maximum volume of oxygen you can consume per minute. Track changes to your VO2 max to see your fitness gains and to compare with your peers. Other fitness metrics include recovery advisor with a recovery timer and recovery check, plus a race predictor, which estimates your ideal finish time based on your current VO2 max number.
Advanced Running Dynamics and Physiological Metrics:
Go further with your running data and tap into extended physiological metrics and advanced running dynamics. When used with a heart rate monitor, fēnix 3 reports the following data:
- Vertical oscillation and ratio — the degree of 'bounce' in your running motion and the benefit ratio to stride length
- Ground contact and balance — shows how much time, in the running motion, your foot is on the ground rather than in flight and lets you check your running symmetry
- Cadence — number of steps per minute
- Stride length — determines a responsive current pace
- Physiological metrics measure your heart to provide:
- Stress score: fēnix 3 measures your heart rate variability while standing still, for 3 minutes, to provide you with an estimated stress level. The scale of this is 1 to 100, low scores indicate lower stress levels.
- Performance condition: After running for 6-20 minutes, fēnix 3 compares your real-time condition to your average fitness levels.
- Lactate threshold: Through analysis of your pace and heart rate, fēnix 3 estimates the point where your muscles start to rapidly fatigue.
More Than Running:
fēnix 3 HR watch isn't just for running; special feature sets help swim training, skiing, golfing and paddle sports, including stand up paddle boarding and rowing. Borrowing from the Garmin Swim device, fēnix 3 tracks your distance, pace, stroke count and more. You just tell fēnix 3 the size of the pool you're swimming in and begin your workout. Ski/Board mode puts speed, distance, vertical drop and an automatic run counter (with Auto Pause for the lift line) and more at your fingertips. The feature set for paddle sports includes stroke count, stroke rate and even distance per stroke. Golf mode gives you yardage to the front, back and middle of the green for any single course you've downloaded from Garmin Connect.