The Bondi Speed is ideal for athletes seeking an ultralight, race ready performance shoe thanks to an easy on, easy off speed lacing system similar to that of the Stinson Evo line. Not just for triathletes, this shoe is perfect for those seeking an even lighter version of the original Bondi B as the Speed weighs approximately half an ounce less- without sacrificing any of the cushioning, durability, and performance of the midsole.
This new model incorporates the key elements of previous Hoka models while addressing the need for an even lighter, race ready shoe.
For more information about how Hoka One One shoes work, what they can do for you, inspiration behind the brand, what customers are saying, and how to decide which model works best for you,visit our Hoka One One information page.
How it Works:
- Using a lower ramp angle (4 mm) and a rocker shaped, feather-weight midsole, the Hoka Bondi B Speed reproduces conditions a barefoot runner experiences when running on grass or sand.
- The midsole is slightly lower to the ground than other Hoka models, but the oversized midsole still absorbs any hard obstacle your foot may encounter, and once compressed, feather-weight EVA midsole springs back under your forefoot for increased acceleration.
- The Bondi B Speed's outsole features a rubber compound that is better suited for road surfaces, enhancing durability.
- The Bondi B's upper has minimal seaming, reducing irritation.
- With 50% more surface area in contact with the ground, and a midsole that allows the foot to recess into it by almost one inch, the shoe provides protection, stability, and pronation control unmatched in stability running shoes.
- Slowtwitch.com- "Enter the Bondi B, the first and only shoe I've yet to run in that combines relatively light weight with great cushioning, an orthotic-ready platform, and a low ramp delta. This is Hoka One One's road racing flat, just understand that Hoka One One considers a "race" an event that lasts several hours."Read the full review here
- Marshall Ulrich, Endurance King and author of Running On Empty- "When I describe these shoes to other people, I usually say things like, 'They are as close to riding a bike as you can get with a running shoe,' 'They allow the foot to perform as if you were running without shoes at all,' 'These are the bomb,' and 'Finally! A running shoe that will change the industry for the better.'" Read Marshall's full review here
Sizing Update - The 2012 Bondi's now run much more true to size, although they remain more narrow than other models. For example, if you typically wear a size 9, you will need to order a size 9. The largest size available at this time remains size 14. If you plan on using orthotics, we strongly suggest ordering one half size larger than your typical size.