Men's Nike Zoom Pegasus 36 Hakone Running Shoe
The iconic Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 36 returns with more perforations and mesh in the upper for targeted breathability across high-heat areas. A slimmer heel collar and tongue reduces bulk without compromising comfort, while exposed cables give you a snug fit at higher speeds. These shoes take inspiration from the annual 2-day relay race where runners from universities across Japan race from Tokyo to Hakone and back again.
- Surface: Road, Gyms, Flats
- Category: Neutral Cushioned - Intended for runners who have a higher, more stable arch that does not pronate excessively(roll inwards) or may even supinate(roll outwards). Neutral Cushioned shoes offer very little or no structure or pronation support and are generally more flexible than stability shoes. Runners who require a neutral shoe tend to notice more excessive wear on the lateral(outside) side of the soles of their running shoes. Neutral shoes can vary from lightweight and minimal cushioning to maximum levels of cushioning depending on the needs and preferences of the runner. Runners with high/stable arches tend to notice pain on the outside(lateral side) of their shins and knees and may also battle plantar fasciitis if not wearing a neutral cushioned shoe.
- This special color nods to the annual relay by using visual cues taken from Hakone's mountainous landscape and the Japanese bullet train
- Perforations on the upper enhance breathability in forefoot and arch while exposed Flywire cables in the midfoot promote a snug fit at higher speeds
- A full-length Zoom Air unit provides a smooth, responsive ride
- Modified-waffle pistons on outsole help absorb impact and provide multi-surface traction
- Heel collar tapers around the Achilles tendon for added comfort
- Heel-to-Toe Offset: 10 mm
- Style: CD4573-001