Men's Hoka One One Challenger ATR 5 Trail Running Shoe
In its fifth iteration, the Challenger furthers its reputation for versatility. Fast and light on the trail, its midsole geometry ensures a smooth ride on the road. While the distinctive multi-lugged outsole leaves you in no doubt as to its trail heritage. Arranged closer together towards the heel for a smoother, more consistent ride, the lugs have a wider spread in the forefoot to help with grip on the trail and in wet conditions. The Challenger ATR 5 also features a modified midfoot design for improved lockdown as well as a supportive heel counter for lateral and medial security. It looks fast and goes fast.
- Surface: Mild, Even and Groomed Trails
- Category: Neutral Cushioned - Intended for runners who have a higher, more stable arch that does not pronate excessively(roll inwards) or may even supinate(roll outwards). Neutral Cushioned shoes offer very little or no structure or pronation support and are generally more flexible than stability shoes. Runners who require a neutral shoe tend to notice more excessive wear on the lateral(outside) side of the soles of their running shoes. Neutral shoes can vary from lightweight and minimal cushioning to maximum levels of cushioning depending on the needs and preferences of the runner. Runners with high/stable arches tend to notice pain on the outside(lateral side) of their shins and knees and may also battle plantar fasciitis if not wearing a neutral cushioned shoe.
- 4mm lugs provide all-terrain traction and the podular outsole design provides stability on uneven terrain
- Textured TPU toe reinforcement for added durability while the internal heel counter provides support on all terrains
- CMEVA foam midsole provides stable footing and absorbs impact points
- Weight: 9.4 oz
- Heel-to-Toe Offset: 5 mm
- Style: 1104093-EBLC