Men's Asics Gel-Cumulus 23 Cookout Running Shoe
Celebrate grillin', chillin', and outdoor fun with the updated ASICS GEL-Cumulus 23 Cookout edition running shoes. This shoe's focus is to provide an even smoother and softer ride while implementing gender tailored technology in the men's and women's models. Continuing to draw inspiration from cumulus clouds, we reimagined this neutral running shoe's upper and midsole formation by applying a more holistic design approach that adapts to the runner's anatomy in motion. Wrapping the foot with an even softer feel, the engineered mesh upper adds strategic support in targeted areas while leaving some of the fibers more open to improve breathability. The upper also works more closely with the midsole's movement, which creates a smoother stride from footstrike to toe-off. Additionally, the shoe's upper is made with recycled materials to reduce waste and carbon emissions. To improve cushioning and flexibility, we added a 3D SPACE CONSTRUCTION to the top layer of the midsole. This technology is implemented through a series of strategically planted pillars within the midsole, allowing runners to experience more compression in a specific area without reducing durability or stability. These pillar formations are tuned differently in the men's and women's models to address each gender's biomechanical data. By helping runners appropriately compress the foam during the landing phase of their stride, this shoe promotes a smoother ride and improves shock absorption. Lastly, a softer GEL technology unit is positioned under the heel to improve cushioning while the FLYTEFOAM midsole material helps create a smoother and more supportive ride.
- Surface: Road, Gyms, Flats
- Category: Neutral Cushioned – Intended for runners who have a higher, more stable arch that does not pronate excessively(roll inwards) or may even supinate(roll outwards). Neutral Cushioned shoes offer very little or no structure or pronation support and are generally more flexible than stability shoes. Runners who require a neutral shoe tend to notice more excessive wear on the lateral(outside) side of the soles of their running shoes. Neutral shoes can vary from lightweight and minimal cushioning to maximum levels of cushioning depending on the needs and preferences of the runner. Runners with high/stable arches tend to notice pain on the outside(lateral side) of their shins and knees and may also battle plantar fasciitis if not wearing a neutral cushioned shoe.
- GEL Technology- Cushioning provides excellent shock absorption
- Gender Specific 3D SPACE CONSTRUCTION- Addresses different compression rates at footstrike per gender.
- Engineered mesh upper
- Reflective accents improve visibility in low-light conditions
- FLYTEFOAM Technology- Provides lightweight cushioning
- Recycled Material Upper- At least 20% of the primary material of the shoe's upper is made with recycled materials to reduce waste and carbon emissions.
- Weight: 9.9oz