Men's Asics Gel-DS Trainer 26 Running Shoe
The GEL-DS TRAINER 26 running shoe is the recommended choice for runners covering shorter distances who want to go fast. The shoe helps you achieve those running goals with an improved upper fit that moves seamlessly with the runner's natural motion. Updated with a soft and flexible knit upper, this application helps the shoe move more naturally with the runner's foot. Accented with a series of reflective details, this design element is practical for runners who are training in low-light conditions. Added support stems from the updated sockliner, which naturally contours to the foot's shape while improving comfort. Following a more sustainable design approach, this shoe also uses fewer resources to color the sockliner. Functional for overpronators, the shoe's DUOMAX technology on the midsole's medial side helps reduce the foot's pronounced inward roll and improves support. GEL® technology cushioning improves shock absorption, while the FLYTEFOAM midsole material provides a soft and supportive feel from footstrike to toe-off. The PROPULSION TRUSSTIC technology in the outsole mirrors the foot's ligaments, creating a powerful lever to propel your stride. Formulating a smoother transition throughout your stride, this shoe is also complemented with an AHARPLUS heel plug to improve durability and expand its lifespan.
- Surface: Road, Gyms, Flats
- Category: Stability – Designed for runners who have flexible arches that over-pronate(or collapse inwardly). Stability shoes feature a posting or firmer foam underneath as a support underneath the arch to prevent the foot from over-pronating. The structure in this category is less than that of the Stability Plus shoes, but is adequate for the majority runners that over-pronate. Runners who need stability shoes tend to experience shin splints, knee pain, and plantar fasciitis if they are not wearing a stability shoe.
- FLYTEFOAM Technology- Provides lightweight cushioning
- Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system- Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Engineered knit upper
- Propulsion Trusstic Technology- Mimics connective tissue in the foot by creating tension as foot enters propulsion stage.
- DuoMax Support System- A dual density midsole system positioned to enhance support and stability, positioned sport specifically.
- AHAR Outsole- Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
- Weight: 9.8oz