Men's Asics GEL-Kayano Lite Running Shoe
The GEL-KAYANO Lite model is new to our performance running line. Like its namesake, this shoe produces excellent comfort underfoot and added support designed to set the foot up for an efficient toe-off. Featuring an engineered mesh upper that was formed with recycled materials, this shoe also includes minimal overlays that target support where it's needed most. We created specific deformable shapes on the top of the midsole through the use of our 3D SPACE CONSTRUCTION to slow the rate of pronation, while the flared geometry of the midsole adds the right amount of support. A concave shape on the lateral heel and convex shape on the medial heel helps generate more compression during the landing phase, which increases the resistance when the foot starts rolling inward at mid-stance. Additionally, the wider base nets in the shoe�s heel and forefoot provide more surface area to create a stable landing and toe-off. The GEL-KAYANO Lite shoe is helping us take a step toward more sustainable manufacturing without compromising performance.
- Surface: Road, Gyms, Flats
- Category: Stability � Designed for runners who have flexible arches that over-pronate(or collapse inwardly). Stability shoes feature a posting or firmer foam underneath as a support underneath the arch to prevent the foot from over-pronating. The structure in this category is less than that of the Stability Plus shoes, but is adequate for the majority runners that over-pronate. Runners who need stability shoes tend to experience shin splints, knee pain, and plantar fasciitis if they are not wearing a stability shoe.
- REARFOOT AND FOREFOOT GEL TECHNOLOGY CUSHIONING SYSTEM - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- AGAR SPONGE - ASICS high abrasion resistant (AHAR) rubber on the outsole that is softer and lighter to deliver a plush ride, flexibility and overall comfort.
- FLYTEFOAM MIDSOLE TECHNOLOGY - Our FlyteFoam technology provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance, utilizing organic super fibers to help reduce packing out that traditionally happens with softer, low density foams.
- Weight: 9oz
- Heel-to-Toe Offset: 10mm
- Cushion Level: Max Cushion
- Pronation Support Level: Stability
- Style: 1011A832-020