Men's Adidas UltraBOOST 19 Running Shoe
This is the story of how we took everything we knew about running, pulled it apart, and started over from scratch. Because what is running if not the search for something new and different? In the spirit of endless improvement, we assembled a group of 4,000 runners to collectively reimagine what running could be. Our goal was to leave behind the conventions of the past and work alongside runners to discern a powerful future for UltraBoost.
The first step was to take the first generation of UltraBOOST and tear it apart at the seams. The original UltraBOOST concept is loved for its unprecedented comfort and unmistakable design - revolutionizing the category. But nothing is without room for improvement and iteration, so we stripped back the existing 17 components, piece by piece, until we were left with just four critical features. From 4,000 runners to 4 key components: UltraBOOST 19 is here. And, with its unrivaled package of reboosted features and fit, it's ready for the new era of running. The time is now to lace up and stride into the future with a renewed sense of purpose and creativity.
- Optimized Boost: The original BOOST concept was to capture the energy that goes into every foot strike and blast it right back - creating a positive feedback loop between runner and shoe. For the UltraBOOST 19, we optimized the midsole to provide 20% more Boost in a lighter package.
- Tuned Torsion: the new Tuned Torsion Spring of UltraBOOST 19 was created with longer blades to optimize the forefoot flexibility and propulsion. Each time the foot is planted, the Tuned Torsion Spring works alongside the Optimized BOOST midsole to generate a surge of propulsion back into the runner's stride.
- Primeknit 360: The reimagined upper on UltraBOOST 19 is seamlessly woven together to create a second skin. It is a re-engineered fabric that's both flexible and strong, providing targeted support where runners need it most.
- 3D Heel Frame: We reduced the heel counter to just the essentials. The frame holds the ankle in place while allowing for the heel's natural expansion. It is the perfect material counterpoint to the soft, sock-like feel of Primeknit 360.
- Surface: Road, Gyms, Flats
- Category: Neutral Cushioned - Intended for runners who have a higher, more stable arch that does not pronate excessively(roll inwards) or may even supinate(roll outwards). Neutral Cushioned shoes offer very little or no structure or pronation support and are generally more flexible than stability shoes. Runners who require a neutral shoe tend to notice more excessive wear on the lateral(outside) side of the soles of their running shoes. Neutral shoes can vary from lightweight and minimal cushioning to maximum levels of cushioning depending on the needs and preferences of the runner. Runners with high/stable arches tend to notice pain on the outside(lateral side) of their shins and knees and may also battle plantar fasciitis if not wearing a neutral cushioned shoe.
- Weight: 10.9 oz
- Heel-to-Toe Offset: 10mm
- Style: B37708