ADDITIONAL PRIVACY INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS - CLICK HERE
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We will collect and store personally identifiable information whenever you do the following:
- Purchase our products. When you purchase products from us through the Site or any of our stores, we will collect personally identifiable information about you such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile phone number, and credit card number. We use this information to process and communicate with you about your order. When you purchase a product through the Site or one of our stores, you may also choose whether you want us to send you information about our products, services, special promotions or incentives.
- Volunteer information. In order to provide you with a better and more personalized service as well as to keep you updated on our and third parties' products and services, we may collect other personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide us such as information about your personal preferences, survey responses, details on your transactions and interactions with us.
- Create an account. You have the option to create an account with us on the Site. When you create an account, we collect personally identifiable information such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, mobile number and email address. We use this information to manage your account and customize and enhance your online shopping experience. For example, when you create an account on the Site, you will be able to create and maintain a Wish List of items that can be shared with your family and friends, use our "express checkout" feature, and view your entire order history. You may also choose whether you want us to send you information about our products, services, special promotions or incentives. You may choose not to create an account or not to provide us with certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the features on the Site.
- Join our Run Rewards loyalty program. You have the option to join our Run Rewards loyalty program in our stores, which provides you with rewards for shopping at Jackrabbit. To join Run Rewards, you will be required to provide personally identifiable information such as your name and email address. We will also maintain a record of your purchases. We will use this information to manage and communicate with you about your Run Rewards account. When you sign up for Run Rewards, you may also choose whether you want us to let you know about our products, services, special promotions or incentives.
- Request a catalog and/or email announcements.You may request that we provide you with email announcements and/or our catalog by signing up on the Site or in our stores. In order to fulfill your request, we will collect your name, mailing address, mobile number, and/or your email address.
- Complete a survey or product review. On occasion, we may request that you complete a survey. Your participation in any survey is completely voluntary. If you complete a survey, we will use the information you provide to help us enhance our stores, the Site, and the products and services we offer. You may also wish to provide us with a review of a product you have purchased. If you provide us with a review, we will use the information to improve the products we offer and we may elect to anonymously post the review to assist other customers with their purchase decisions.
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes. From time to time, you may have the opportunity to enter a contest or sweepstakes that we offer, either on the Site, on your mobile phone or device, or in our stores. In order to enter a contest or sweepstakes, you may be required to provide certain personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, age, photograph, telephone number, mobile number and/or mailing address. We will use this information to notify contest winners of awards and prizes. We may also use the information to let you know about our products, services, special promotions or incentives that may be of interest to you. On occasion, we may join with a select third party to offer a contest or sweepstakes, in which case you may choose whether we may also share the information you provide on your entry form with our co-sponsor so that it can inform you of products or services that may be of interest.
- Email To A Friend or Email your Wish List. If you elect to use any "Email To A Friend" or "Email Your Wish List" feature on the Site for informing a friend about the Site or products you are interested in, we will ask for the email address of your friend. We use this information only for the purpose of forwarding the selected item(s) or your Wish List. We do not store this information.
- Contact us with a question or concern. If you contact our customer care center, in order to better serve your needs, a representative will ask you to provide certain personal information like your name, mailing address, telephone number, mobile number, and/or email address.
When you provide information for any of the above purposes, you may also be asked to provide demographic information, such as your age or state of residence. We use demographic information to analyze and improve the Site and the products and services we offer, as well as the quality of your on-line visits. We may also use demographic information and/or your purchase history to customize your shopping experience and to help us determine whether you may be interested in a particular product or service. On occasion, we may obtain information about you from other sources to enhance our ability to serve your needs, such as ensuring the delivery of materials you have requested.
When you use the Site, we may collect tracking information such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and pages visited on the Site. None of this information identifies you personally; we collect it for aggregate reporting on site activity. For example, we may want to know how long the average user spends on the Site, or which pages or features get the most attention. We use this information to make the Site more useful to our customers.
- Web Beacons. We use "Web Beacon" (also known as "clear GIF", "pixel tag", "data tag" or "image tag") technology to collect anonymous, non-personal information about how the Site is used. We use this information to make improvements to our Site and to help us plan for technical improvements. This information will not identify you or any other user of the Site as an individual.
- E-Mail. We use clear gifs in our HTML - based emails that tell us whether or not you can accept HTML images and, if you can accept HTML, whether or not you viewed the e-mail. We use this information to help us make e-mails about our products and services more useful and interesting. This process does not leave any information on your computer, nor does it collect information from your computer. We do not sell this information to others, and we only use it to improve our e-mail communications with you.
The "help" function on most browsers contains information on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies or to disable cookies entirely. However, if you don't accept cookies, you won't be able to take advantage of various features on the Site that are available to other visitors.
For our store kiosks, we use similar technology to collect the types of tracking information described above. We use this information to help us understand how customers use our kiosks and to improve our customers' shopping experience. Please note that you will not be able to disable cookies used in connection with our stores.
We do not undertake to maintain any information about you for a duration greater than necessary to provide services to you or as provided by law, rule or regulation. We shall only use it for the purposes for which it was submitted, unless you indicate otherwise. By providing your mobile number for delivery of content, you will be deemed to have given us permission to store your mobile number for the purposes only of delivering such content.
DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE RECEIVE?
If you do not want to receive promotional information from our affiliated companies, see the instructions below under "How Do I Opt Out Or Change My Information?"
In addition, aggregate information that does not identify particular individuals, such as the number or percentage of visitors who fall within a certain category or categories, may be provided to third parties.
We may share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may use third party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when you visit our website or application. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites or applications in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Please keep in mind that your browser settings may not permit you to control the technologies utilized by these third party companies. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
- Legal Obligations: From time to time, we may be required to share personal information in response to a valid court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Statement (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Jackrabbit, any of its affiliated companies, or substantially all of its or their assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice and choice as to when your personal information might be shared with unrelated third parties. For example, we may on occasion join with select third parties to offer promotions in which you may choose to receive promotional or other information from our co-sponsor.
HOW SECURE IS THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT?
Jackrabbit believes in providing a safe and secure shopping experience for all of our customers. We want you to feel comfortable that personal information such as your name, address and credit card number will be kept safe throughout your entire shopping experience at the Site available at www.jackrabbit.com and at our stores.
The Site accepts orders only from Web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology; for example, 3.0 versions or higher of Netscape Navigator and versions 3.02 or higher of Internet Explorer. This means you'll be unable to inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Our store kiosks also operate over a private, secure network. Despite all these precautions, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We use reasonable security measures and take reasonable system, process and administrative precautions to protect against the loss, misuse and unauthorized access of your personal information under our control. Jackrabbit cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via e-mail, online, in the store, or over your mobile phone or device. You transmit such information at your own risk.
HOW DO I OPT OUT OR CHANGE MY INFORMATION?
You can change your preferences or access and update information in your account profile at the Site available at www.jackrabbit.com at any time by logging in with your email address and password. Once you have logged in, you can update your name, email, password, and/or change your address and preference to receive marketing information.
We understand and share your concerns regarding your children's access to the internet and the internet's access to your children. Consistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not knowingly request, accept, maintain, or disclose information submitted to us online by any visitor under 13 years of age.
If we become aware that an individual under 13 has provided information to us online, we will not use or disclose that individual's information for any purpose unless required to do so by law. If a child whom we know to be under age thirteen sends personal information to us online, the e-mail address of the child will be deleted and no personal information will be collected, stored, or disclosed.
Jackrabbit is based in the United States and does not currently sell its products directly to international consumers. Therefore, we do not knowingly request or accept personally identifiable information from individuals outside the United States.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
The Site may also contain links to other third party sites that are not under our control. These sites may have their own policies, or not policies at all, regarding privacy. You should seek and review these policies before providing information to these sites. Jackrabbit has no responsibility for linked websites and provides these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors. Jackrabbit also maintains a strict "no-spam" policy and fully complies with CAN-SPAM Act regulations.