Tacx Flux 2 Smart Trainer
Tacx Flux 2 Smart Trainer
The best just got better. The Tacx FLUX 2 Smart Trainer is an improved version of the iconic FLUX Smart trainer. With a maximum incline of 16%, increased max resistance and improved ride feel, the FLUX 2 Smart has everything you need. You’ll stay fully connected to your favorite apps via wireless ANT+ (FE-C) and Bluetooth as you churn through your workout. Highly functional, capable and intuitive, the FLUX 2 Smart trainer is fully interactive. Smooth and efficient, you’ll beat your personal best in no time. Tacx designs indoor trainers for cyclists looking for an outdoor experience when they can’t hit the road.
- The FLUX 2 Smart is equipped with a bigger resistance unit compared to its predecessors, allowing for a wider simulation range. It is able to realistically simulate inclines up to 16% gradient.
- The FLUX 2 Smart is equipped with a stronger resistance unit and a heavier flywheel to increase the maximum resistance to 2000 Watts.
- By positioning the additional weight of the flywheel strategically, the FLUX 2 Smart gained a higher mass inertia. This improves the ride feel significantly and makes every pedal stroke very smooth.
- By supplying the FLUX 2 Smart with extra axle adapters, the axle compatibility significantly increased. The FLUX 2 Smart is compatible with 142x12mm and 148x12mm, straight out of the box.
- Just like the internal structure, also the exterior of the FLUX 2 Smart has been redesigned completely. By creating more space for the derailleur cage, it is also compatible with long cage derailleurs.
- The internal mechanics of the FLUX 2 are redesigned to improve the ride feel and the power measurement.
- A reliable, accurate and consistent power measurement is key to keep track of your performance and progress. This is exactly what the FLUX 2 Smart is designed for, measuring your power accurately within a 2.5% range.
- The most silent flywheel equipped trainer available.
- The FLUX 2 Smart connects wirelessly via ANT+ (FE-C) and Bluetooth, allowing you to connect to your favourite applications no matter which device you're using.
- Intuitive LED’s on the side of the FLUX 2 Smart show when the trainer is powered and connected to a device over ANT+ or Bluetooth.
- The smart electronics of the FLUX 2 Smart allow you to train stand alone, without any software connections. The resistance follows a progressive power curve, in accordance with cycling on a flat road. Speeding up means an increase of resistance.
- With the Tacx Utility app you can easily update the firmware of the FLUX 2 Smart to the latest version, so you can always make use of the latest improvements and features. You’ll get notified when an update is available.
- Max power (sprint): 2000 watts
- Max incline: 16%
- Max torque: 41 Nm
- Max brake force: 120 N
- Power accuracy measurement: <2, 5%
- Noise Comparison [1-5]: 2 (1 is silent, 5 is loudest)
- Weight flywheel: 16.8 lbs
- Mass inertia: 68.7 lbs
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes Tacx FLUX 2 better than the original version?
Tacx FLUX 2 features significant improvements. The FLUX 2 sports a bigger resistance unit that allows it to simulate a 16% gradient (FLUX 1 simulates 10%). Maximum resistance is 2000 watts vs. 1500 watts on the original version. The size of the flywheel on FLUX 2 is larger, which provides an improved ride feel. Tacx redesigned the exterior for increased bike compatibility, offering more space than FLUX 1 for the derailleur cage and compatible with long cage derailleurs. As a bonus, FLUX 2 comes with extra axle adapters for improved axle compatibility. With the FLUX 2, you’ll enjoy increased power accuracy at 2.5% vs. the FLUX 1 at 3%.
Indoor cycling trainers make a lot of noise. Can I be confident that the FLUX 2 won’t bother other members of my household?
Like the previous FLUX version, the trainer is designed to bring vibrations and noise levels to the absolute minimum. The result is the most silent flywheel equipped trainer available.
Can I connect wirelessly while training?
The FLUX 2 Smart connects wirelessly via ANT+ (FE-C) and Bluetooth, allowing you to connect to your favorite applications.
Does Tacx update their app on a regular basis?
With the Tacx Utility app, you can easily update the firmware of the FLUX 2 Smart to the latest version, allowing you to access the latest improvements and features. You’ll be notified when an update is available.