Women's Altra Escalante Racer NYC Running Shoe
The Escalante Racer is our even faster, higher performance version of the Escalante, only available for a limited time. The upper is firmer, highly breathable and has a lighter heel counter for optimum cornering and comfort on the race course. To top it off, the Altra EGO midsole is a touch firmer for a little more energy return and a little less cush. The NYC limited-edition version is inspired by the Big Apple with an urban flair in the design.
- Surface: Road, Gyms, Flats
- Category: Neutral Cushioned - Intended for runners who have a higher, more stable arch that does not pronate excessively(roll inwards) or may even supinate(roll outwards). Neutral Cushioned shoes offer very little or no structure or pronation support and are generally more flexible than stability shoes. Runners who require a neutral shoe tend to notice more excessive wear on the lateral(outside) side of the soles of their running shoes. Neutral shoes can vary from lightweight and minimal cushioning to maximum levels of cushioning depending on the needs and preferences of the runner. Runners with high/stable arches tend to notice pain on the outside(lateral side) of their shins and knees and may also battle plantar fasciitis if not wearing a neutral cushioned shoe.
- The Footshape Toe Box allows your toes to relax and spread out naturally for more comfort and stability in uphill climbs and downhill descents.
- New Altra EGO midsole compound is a Dual-Nature midsole compound with a responsive, yet soft feel for increased energy return.
- FootPod Technology is an outsole technology that actually maps the bones and tendons of your foot to help it bend and move naturally.
- Weight: 5.7 oz
- Heel-to-Toe Offset: 0 mm
- Stack Height: 22 mm
- Style: AL0A4VR6-996