Women's Asics GEL-Kayano 27 Running Shoe
Enjoy excellent comfort and advanced support with the GEL-KAYANO 27 running shoe. The redesigned mesh upper helps keep feet cool, while the sole is more flexible to help promote a more natural roll through the gait cycle. This starts in the heel with added flex grooves that assist in isolating initial impact to force a softer and smoother feeling at footstrike. At midstance, the foot should stop pronating and re-supinate for an efficient toe-off. To help this natural motion, we incorporate DYNAMIC DUOMAX technology to help support the foot and increase stability for runners whose feet roll inward too much (overpronate). The midsole also integrates SPACE TRUSSTIC technology, which provides stability and reduces the overall weight to help promote a smoother transition from foot strike to toe-off. This added stability is complemented by deeper forefoot flex grooves for a smoother roll through toe-off, allowing the shoe to move more naturally with the foot. Lastly, a large section of reflective materials in the rearfoot helps keep runners visible when running in low-light conditions. The GEL-KAYANO 27 model is an excellent choice for both competitive and noncompetitive runners looking for an everyday trainer that combines comfort with support.
- Surface: Road, Gyms, Flats
- Category:Stability – Designed for runners who have flexible arches that over-pronate(or collapse inwardly). Stability shoes feature a posting or firmer foam underneath as a support underneath the arch to prevent the foot from over-pronating. The structure in this category is less than that of the Stability Plus shoes, but is adequate for the majority runners that over-pronate. Runners who need stability shoes tend to experience shin splints, knee pain, and plantar fasciitis if they are not wearing a stability shoe.
- REARFOOT AND FOREFOOT GEL TECHNOLOGY CUSHIONING SYSTEM - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- FlyteFoam Midsole technology provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance, utilizing organic super fibers to help reduce packing out that traditionally happens with softer, low density foams.
- Specifically designed trusstic system to cater to the differences in male and female biomechanics
- FLYTEFOAM PROPEL TECHNOLOGY - ASICS energetic foam formulation that provides supreme bounce thanks to a unique elastomer compound.
- This evolution of the dynamic DuoMax system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
- SPACE TRUSSTIC TECHNOLOGY - Reduces the weight of the sole unit while providing stability and retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
- EVA SOCKLINER - Removable sockliner that provides cushioning performance.
- Multi-directional mesh material improves ventilation and stability. External heel counter delivering better overall fit and targeted support. Contains reflective materials designed to enhance visibility during low light hours. ASICS High Abrasion Rubber placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
- Weight: 8.8oz
- Heel-to-Toe Offset: 13mm
- Style: 1012A649-001